Maintenance Manager - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus at Whispering Lake
Job Title: Maintenance Manager - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus at Whispering Lake
Address: 10415 E 43rd St, Kansas City, MO 64133
City: Kansas City
Shift: Day Monday - Friday c Full-Time c Part Time
Education Requirements: High School
At BH Management Services, we are committed to creating value. We acquire, improve and manage apartment communities, and our success in this endeavor is evidenced by our growth from a start-up firm in 1993 to one of the largest multi-family management companies in the nation. BH understands that great customer service is what keeps residents satisfied, and that great service comes from engaged, happy and well-trained team members.
In 2018 and 2017, BH was ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine and Great Place to Work’s "Best Workplaces for Women." BH was also ranked in 2018 and 2020 as one of the "Best Workplaces for Millennials.” In addition, in 2019, BH was named to the 100 “Best Workplaces for Diversity.” We continue to recognize that we are only as strong as each individual employee and we value our employees by providing a strong benefit package:
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- 401(k) + company match
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- BH Gives Back (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- BH Paid Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
As the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the community, which includes oversight of schedules and work product of the property's service team.
This position is eligible for a $2,000.00 Sign-on Bonus, and you must be active in the role, and it will be paid out after 90 days of employment with the company.
- Responds to resident work orders/service requests; coordinate workload with service team members and follow up to ensure all requests are completed and meeting standards.
- Proactively identify and address potential hazards by walking the property regularly and repairing or delegating where appropriate.
- Responsible for enduring the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance of the property are meeting company standards; responsible for the upkeep and security of all property-issued tools.
- Meets with team members regularly to enforce safety measures; identifies and recommends safety and skill training for all maintenance employees; may also assist with completing property safety audits.
- Oversee and ensure that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, documented, followed and participation in ongoing training per BH program guidelines.
- Diagnose problems and makes necessary repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, interior and exterior structural, appliances, and apartment make-readies.
- 2+ years of experience with progressive maintenance, safety, and all major types of heating and air conditioning, plumbing and electrical
- 2+ years of experience and working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- A valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
- HVAC certification or ability to obtain within first 6 months
- P.A Certification required (Type II – domestic HVAC systems)
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
Work Schedule: 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday (work schedule may vary). Some overtime may be required and ability to work extended hours including “on-call” and/or participate in a rotating “on-call” schedule as needed to meet business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Contact Name: Yusuf Weiss
Email Address: email@example.com