Assistant Community Manager at The Locale
Assistant Community Manager
The Locale – 6201 Johnson Dr. Mission, KS 66202
JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE – May 18th and 19th at Locale – 6201 Johnson Dr. Mission, KS. 66202. Applicants are welcome to show up between the hours of 9am to 6pm or simply apply align on our careers site: https://avantiresidential.com/careers/
COMPANY: JOIN THE BEST TEAM IN THE BUSINESS! If you are looking to work in a fun environment where team members are challenged to go the extra mile for residents and get noticed when they do, we might have the perfect role for you! Great service and strong relationships are important to us. And that is not limited to our residents. We value our team members and give them the technology, tools and support they need to succeed today and grow their careers.
The Assistant Community Manager assists the Community Manager with the day to day operations including leasing, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and vendor relations. This position ensures a positive working environment, quality community living, and a high standard of operations to meet Avanti Residential objectives. The Assistant Manager will assume all managerial duties in the event of the Community Manager’s absence.
Necessary skills include a minimum of one-year experience in multi-family property management and working knowledge of property management software, YARDI preferred. Must have the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and possess strong organizational skills.
- Conduct all business in accordance with Avanti Residential policies and procedures; Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and all other Federal and State laws.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills including professional, prompt and courteous interactions with residents, co-workers, and vendors; Handle resident, vendor and prospective resident walk-ins
- Assist Community Manager with the day to day operations, as needed
- Provide residents and vendors with assistance in all aspects of scheduling building maintenance, communicating building procedures and providing general building information.
- Provide support to Community Manager by producing, modifying and/or distributing various forms, spreadsheets, manuals, information packages, and miscellaneous information.
- Process correspondence for residents, contractors and other third parties for property management staff.
- Assist with the scheduling of contractor work and coordinate with residents; maintain and update insurance certificate files for all contractors performing work at the properties.
- Support overall office operational needs by answering phones, filing, ordering supplies…etc.
- Conduct lease renewals; ensure lease files are complete and filed properly.
- Perform rent collection, delinquency and move-out statements.
- Maintained highly organized filing system for leases, residents, insurance certificates, vendors, buildings, contracts and purchase orders.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills to successfully navigate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of property management software preferably YARDI
- Work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for actions, self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Demonstrated knowledge of phone and email procedures and etiquette
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment; Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor, team player
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES - Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying:
- One-year experience as Assistant Community Management
- Two years of increasingly responsible property management experience
- Possession of valid driver’s license and up to date vehicle insurance OR reliable transportation
- Prior to employment pass criminal background screening
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal office setting with travel to various properties owned and operated by Avanti Residential; frequent contact with residents including those with disabilities.
- Must be able to follow directions, be innovative and resourceful, provide excellence customer service, display respect and professionalism at all times.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team, as needed.
Avanti Residential is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workplace; applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.