Community Manager with Peak Living
Company Name Peak Living – The Gardens at Jackson Creek
Job Title: Community Manager
Address: 19401 E. 40th Street Court S
City Independence State MO
Posting Date Closing Date 5/31/2022
Shift: Xc Full-Time c Part Time
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience as an onsite Community Manager in multi-family housing, hospitality or similar industry. Senior Experience Required
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- College education, CAM or ARM certification preferred
- A valid driver's license
- The Community Manager supervises all community associates.
- The Community Manager supports and participates in fulfilling the customer service and leasing standards
- Responds to resident requests promptly and courteously and provides solutions to resolves resident issues.
- Direct all marketing efforts
- Assist in preparing all paperwork specific to new and renewal lease agreements.
- Determine lease renewal rates and assist in delivery of renewal letters to secure renewals.
- Recommend rental rate adjustments or concessions to the Regional Manager necessary to increase rental activity.
- Review resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicate with residents regarding outstanding balances, implement procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforce the lease to maximize revenue.
- Reporting responsibilities include preparation of weekly and monthly reports, 3-day demands, delinquency report updates, other income and utility tracking spreadsheets, move-in/move-out inspections, invoices, final security deposit disposition reports and any other reports requested by the Regional Manager.
- Direct the organization of community resident activities, preparing newsletters and maintaining resident loyalty and retention programs.
- Identify areas for improvement and improve the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the community.
- Research and shop the competition a minimum of one time per quarter to ensure that rental rates, concessions, security deposits etc. align with market conditions.
- Collect, post, and deposit rents/security deposits and other community income on a daily basis.
- Lead the maintenance and management of budgeted occupancy, collections, and expenses.
Peak Living believes in a work life balance and offers our employees a generous paid time off policy. Peak Living also offers numerous medical plans to choose from along with dental and vision plans. Employees also become eligible for a match to their 401K contributions.
- Independently establish priorities, manage time effectively, and fulfill assigned objectives and projects.
- Respond to and resolve unexpected problems and handle priority changes in a fast-moving, fluid environment.
- Interpersonal skills, and ability to develop close business relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and word.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to give clear direction and respond to inquiries. Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
- Proven ability to lead onsite staff and help them be successful
- Comprehend legal documents and carry out related rent collections and lease management.
- Ability to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of property operations with emphasis on lease terms to support contract enforcement, including collections.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service resulting in resident retention
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts.
Contact Name: Cara Hafner
Phone Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org