Construction Technician with Mac Properties
Company Name Mac Properties
Job Title Construction Technician
Address 301 E. Armour Blvd.
City Kansas City State MO Zip 64111
Posting Date 3/25/2021 Closing Date 4/25/2021
Shift Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Full-Time Part Time
Construction Technicians are assigned responsibilities related to the construction, maintenance, repair or upkeep of buildings, grounds or other company property. This may include assisting in the construction or renovation of buildings, general maintenance and upkeep of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and other systems, minor repairs to machinery or other equipment, and general maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs carpentry work in the construction or renovation of buildings or additions to existing structures; erects and maintains scaffolds, sheds, forms, frames, fences and other structures; alters and repairs doors, floors, partitions, stairways, windows, screens, and other fixtures; fits and glazes glass in windows and doors; maintains and repairs roofs.
- Installs, replaces, alters, maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, traps, faucets; makes minor repairs to laundry equipment, sterilization equipment, kitchen equipment and other equipment using water, steam air, or other feed line and return or waste disposal lines.
- Maintains and repairs light fixtures, receptacles and switches; replaces light bulbs; maintains generators and motors; oils and cleans motors; troubleshoots and makes electrical repairs not requiring a license; maintains and makes minor repairs to various types of heating, refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, such as components, pumps, fans, humidifiers, electric motors, and heat exchangers.
- Installs and maintains locks and other security devices; repairs or replaces tumblers, springs and other parts; cuts new or duplicate keys; uses files, hand tools and special equipment to change combinations or shorten tumblers.
- Constructs, maintains and repairs concrete and other foundations; builds retaining walls, walks, fireplaces, chimneys, stairways and similar projects; mixes mortar and lays common brick, face brick, cinder brick, concrete block, stone, or other materials. Lays tile, carpet, and wood flooring.
- Operates, maintains and repairs various types of equipment used in construction and maintenance of building and grounds, such as trucks, tractors, bulldozers, power shovels, cranes or semi-trailer tractors, fork lifts, mowers and edgers.
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair involving apartment turnover.
- Electrical and plumbing repair including rodding sewer lines.
- Waste management repairs (chutes, compactors).
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete make-ready checklists. Inform Project Manager or Director of needed repairs. Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations. Ensure vacant apartment are rent-ready in a timely manner. Perform make ready work as required.
- Assist with snow removal as needed.
- Performs duties according to Occupations Safety & Health Act (OSHA) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Weekend and after hours overtime required.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- At least one year of experience, preferably in construction performing the duties associated with a Construction Technician.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds minimum.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to frequently use tools, supplies and equipment.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.)
- Provide own basic tools and be knowledgeable and skilled in their safe use.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Generous Rental Discounts
- Robust Benefits package including Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, & 401K
- 30% Rent Discount for full-time employees
- Paid Time-Off
- Training Opportunities and Education Reimbursement
Please be advised that ALL new hires will be required to successfully complete a criminal background investigation and a medical examination, which includes a drug screening, prior to employment. The receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests, and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant's identity and legal authority to work in the United States are also required.