Copper Ridge - Maintenance Technician Opening
Contact: Nicole Circello 816.768.8100 or, email@example.com
Copper Ridge – Maintenance Technician Opening
Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations and the physical asset of the property under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor. Responsible for assisting with the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds and equipment. Maintain electrical, plumbing, mechanical and all related systems including security and safety systems.
JOB STATUS: Full time, non-exempt
HOURS: 40 hours/week with rotating on-call responsibilities, overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Report to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager to pick up service requests.
- Complete all maintenance services requests as assigned and update accordingly.
- Inspect diagnose, determine materials and parts required towards the completion of each service request.
- Appropriately complete and track all work orders.
- Complete the make-ready/move-in process of vacant apartments.
- Provide assistance to complete special projects.
- Assist with event set up as needed.
- Carry the on-call cell phone as required for on-call maintenance.
- Provide assistance with snow and ice removal to include before and after hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Provide assistance with grounds work to include picking up trash, pet waste, sweeping curbs, painting curbs. landscaping beds, patios and other areas.
- Assists with inventory control and cost containment.
- Maintain the storage and shop in a clean and organized manner.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with/without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of 1- year experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures is required.
- A comparable combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- A valid driver's license is required and in compliance with Missouri State Law.
Required Knowledge or Skills:
- Special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of HVAC systems, appliances and other equipment used in apartment management.
- Understanding of installation, configuration and troubleshooting for HVAC units.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to follow established company policies as outlined in the employee handbook.
- General understanding of OSHA guidelines, occupational hazards.
- Understanding of the corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit various buildings multiple times per day.
- Ability to stand, walk, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 - 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and exert 50-100 pounds of force occasionally, and 10-20 pounds of force on a regular basis.
- Good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and staff.
- The Maintenance Technician is required to provide basic hand tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Operate telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, community software
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Two (2) years’ experience in previous relevant customer service.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Successfully pass drug test.
- Tenacity and Enthusiasm
Attendance is an imperative job function.
Employees must fulfil the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.