Courtesy Officer with Raney PM
Date postedMarch 13, 2023
Job Title: Courtesy Officer
Company Name: Rainey PM
Address: 711 N Euclid Avenue
City: St. Louis
Contact Name: Christine Baird
Reports to: Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, Area Manager, and/or Regional Manager
Direct Reports: None
As an experienced professional you will:
- Work independently and be able to communicate with Residents, Guests, Vendor and other Staff in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Employee must possess good communication skills and tact in dealing with individuals who are not adhering to the property’s rules.
- Circulate throughout property, and laundry rooms
- Report any rule violations
- Detect any suspicious activity and ensure doors and entry points are secure
- Take command and control of disturbances and disruptive behavior, involving the authorities when required.
- Be unstressed by claiming stairs and/or walking the property.
- Possess good night vision in order to detect activities in the dark.
- Be able to formulate an accurate description of a car, suspect(s) activity and compile the information in an Incident Report.
- Provide apartment entry to Residents who provide proper identification.
- Notify the PM of any unusual activity or report it directly to the RM, if the PM is not on duty and readily available.
- Promote a positive relationship with the Residents and other Staff.
- Respond to emergency incidents, fire alarm calls, slips, trips, falls, etc and conduct preliminary investigations; notify fire and/or other emergency services if not already summoned; accurately document information, both in written form and with a camera.
- Report all known Residents without a parking permit to the Leasing Office.
- Perform other related tasks as directed by PM and/or RM.
- Follow safe workplace rules and practices in order to prevent on-the-job injuries.
- Patrolling and monitoring activities on the company’s premises regularly to discourage criminals and ensure the environment is safe and secure
- Evicting trespassers and violators and detaining perpetrators while following legal protocols before relevant authorities arrive to take over.
- Controlling the entrance and departure of employees, visitors and vehicles according to protocols
- Monitoring surveillance cameras to watch out for any disruptions or unlawful activities
- Ability to operate security systems and emergency equipment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to react appropriately in stressful situations
- This will be 24 hour security during the summer and 18 hours during the rest of the year. Split between 3 positions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, schedule is subject to change to cover 24/7 operations
- Ability to resolve resident concerns while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to write and communicate professionally
- Ability to apply sound decision-making
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal skills to a variety of audiences
- Must have a valid Driver’s License