District Property Manager with First Management
Company Name: First Management, Inc.
Job Title: District Property Manager
Address: 3600 Broadway
City: Kansas City State: MO Zip: 64111
Posting Date __________________________ Closing Date ____________________________
Shift _________________________ x Full-Time c Part Time
Bachelor’s Degree in business, real estate development or related field preferred with sufficient experience to provide strong leadership in property management practices and techniques. A minimum of 5 years equivalent level experience in managing a property management department. Must be self-motivated to investigate new procedures and systems that will reduce operating expenses while maintaining resident satisfaction. Strong financial aptitude and skills.
Oversees and directs property management activities related to organization’s diverse residential portfolio. Responsible for the lease-up of over 200 units, and possibly an additional 150 units. Supervises and directs activities of property management staff. The position is responsible for the overall successful operations of properties and works to ensure the department operations meet or surpass industry standards. The District Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team working to strategize short‐range and long‐range organizational goals.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual property budgets, with input from PM Supervisors, Facilities Manager, building managers, and review by the CFO and President.
- Prepares annual management plans, as needed.
- Analyzes monthly performance and budget projections and compares to annual management plan and budget; adjusts strategies accordingly.
- Work closely with the President and CFO to evaluate financial performance against benchmarks established by investors, lenders, and the buildings’ operating pro formas.
- Sets performance goals by project, related to industry standards; monitors performance, adjust strategies as needed.
- Monitors market conditions regularly and communicates to appropriate staff any market changes that need to be addressed. Monitors market rents as they pertain to setting organization’s property rents.
- Continually enhances industry knowledge and expertise through real estate and property management publications, reports and seminars.
- Works with staff to ensure maximum use of property management software.
Staff Supervision and Development:
- Oversees all departmental growth and development.
- Participates in the recruitment, interview, selection, and evaluation process for department staff.
- Directly supervises and works closely with the PM Supervisors and Facilities Manager to provide leadership for department. Oversees major decisions and assure that team members implement their portfolio objectives and work plans.
- Conducts and/or facilitates regular training meetings with PM staff. Evaluates and recommends additional trainings for staff as needed.
- Promotes communication and collaborations between departments.
Reporting, Community Involvement and Professional development:
- Prepares and presents departmental reports relating to project performance, goals, standards, benchmarks, etc.
- Maintains good working relationship with community partners.
- Attends industry association meetings, trainings, etc.
- Maintains appropriate Continuing Education Units to ensure Certified Property Management requirements are met.
- Sits on various committees pertinent to department and organization goals and standards.
- Stays abreast of property management industry standards, legislation impacting department and industry practices, policies and procedures.
Determines many of own practices and procedures within organization policy constraints. Contributes to the development of new concepts. Performs duties independently with little direction provided. Contributes to preparation and is accountable for compliance of operating budget of organization. Contributes to long range operational and strategic planning. Position involves a high degree of complexity in dealing with frequent new and varied work situations. Work is reviewed on a general basis only as necessary. Errors may result in excessive repair, legal problems, maintenance expenses, safety or other hazards, and negatively affect tenants.
Position has full supervisory responsibility for several employees, including Property Management Supervisors and the Facilities Manager.
Contacts are normally made with others both inside and outside the organization. External contacts occur with regulatory agencies, vendors, and community partners. Internal contacts occur with all levels and areas of the organization, including tenants. Contacts are usually made on own initiative and often concern confidential or sensitive matters requiring the use of discretion, negotiation or persuasion.
Contacts occur both face‐to‐face and via telephone and email. First Management, Inc. employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing First Management, Inc. business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity and abusive language are specifically forbidden.
Specific Job Skills:
- Strong knowledge of property management and tenant/landlord practices, laws,
rules and regulations. Good command of leasing practices.
- Previous lease-up experience.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound
conclusions and take appropriate action.
- Possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as good
Contact Name: Stephen Ochoa
Phone: 785-830-8800 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org