6001 NW 63rd Street
Kansas City, MO 64151
The Property Monitor reports to the Property Manager under the guidance of the Service Manager and provides groundskeeping services at an assigned property for MAA.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains the grounds of the assigned property. Cleans the exterior and surroundings of each building.
• Pressure washes the exterior of each building and sidewalks on a rotating basis.
• Removes debris from building gutters for preventative maintenance and insect control purposes.
• Maintains a clean and uniform landscape by collecting all debris around buildings and within breezeways.
• Applies pesticides and lawn chemicals to the grounds as needed to maintain a weed-free landscape.
• Rakes mulch from buildings for insect control purposes.
• Monitors the property landscape and notifies management of any problem areas or safety hazards.
• May perform pool maintenance such as cleaning and removing debris.
• Frequently interacts and communicates effectively with residents, property staff and/or vendors to complete maintenance duties and requests.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED required
• Groundskeeping, janitorial or related experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
• Ability to use basic landscaping and related tools (e.g., rake, shovel, power washer)
• Ability to perform repetitive manual and physically demanding tasks
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and tolerate exposure to dust and dirt
• Ability to lift weights up to 50 lbs. individually and greater weights with assistance
• Attention to detail to maintain a clean and professional landscape
• Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate effectively verbally and in writing with residents, property staff and/or vendors
• Skill and ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Physical and Environmental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
We are committed to providing service excellence and value to those who depend on us at MAA. Our people-first approach has been transforming properties into communities and apartments into homes for over 25 years. As the largest owner-operator of multifamily apartments in the United States – we are established leaders in the real estate space – bringing tremendous opportunities to those looking to build their careers. We invite you to explore our Brighter View and find your place at MAA!
Drug Free Workplace