Leasing Consultant at The Locale
The Locale – 6201 Johnson Dr. Mission, KS 66202
JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE – May 18th and 19th at Locale – 6201 Johnson Dr. Mission, KS. 66202. Applicants are welcome to show up between the hours of 9am to 6pm or simply apply align on our careers site: https://avantiresidential.com/careers/
COMPANY: JOIN THE BEST TEAM IN THE BUSINESS! If you are looking to work in a fun environment where team members are challenged to go the extra mile for residents and get noticed when they do, we might have the perfect role for you! Great service and strong relationships are important to us. And that is not limited to our residents. We value our team members and give them the technology, tools and support they need to succeed today and grow their careers.
The Leasing Consultant assists the Community Manager and Leasing Manager with showing and leasing of available apartment homes to prospective residents. This position ensures a positive working environment, quality community living, and a high standard of operations to meet Avanti Residential objectives and marketing plans.
- Completes lease form or agreement and collects rental deposit.
- Responsible for insuring the “model” apartments and target apartments are ready for show; responsible for maintaining work area and office in clean and orderly manner; need to have an awareness of the “curb appeal” of the community.
- Thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications and all community policies.
- Knowledgeable of required telephone and sales techniques.
- Knowledgeable of current market conditions.
- Fully informed of current rental rates, sizes, locations and all amenities of community.
- Maintain contact with all apartment locator services and local businesses to provide informational materials.
- Responsible for “shopping” competitive properties.
- Develop full knowledge of application information required, screening processes and policies regarding rentals.
- Responsible to conduct out-reach marketing at least once per week.
- Develop and maintain an on-going resident retention program under direction of Community Manager.
- Responsible to play an active role in the renewal process.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of all resident and community lease files.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Leasing and Property Handbook and Advertising Log Book.
- Efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports and related information.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the community or residents.
- Responsible for assisting Community Manager in collection of delinquent rents.
- Courteous, efficient handling of resident requests and complaints.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills to successfully navigate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of property management software preferably YARDI
- Work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for actions, self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Demonstrated knowledge of phone and email procedures and etiquette
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment; Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor, team player
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES - Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to two-year of Customer Service experience preferred
- Possession of valid driver’s license and up to date vehicle insurance OR reliable transportation
- Prior to employment pass criminal background screening
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal office setting with travel to various properties owned and operated by Avanti Residential; frequent contact with residents including those with disabilities.
- Must be able to follow directions, be innovative and resourceful, provide excellence customer service, display respect and professionalism at all times.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team, as needed.
Avanti Residential is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workplace; applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.