Leasing Consultant at The Meadows
Company Name _______BH Management – The Meadows______________________________
Job Title ________Leasing Consultant________________________________________________
Address _________7620 Halsey___- The Meadows__________________________________________
City ______Lenexa__________________________ State _____KS_____________ Zip___66216______
Posting Date ________012521__________________ Closing Date ___________043021_____________
Shift _____m-f 9am – 6pm_some weekends_____________ c Full-Time c Part Time
Reporting to the Community Manager, Leasing Manager or Assistant Manager, the Leasing Consultant position is responsible for generating leads, selling and renewing apartment leases in accordance with Company and Fair Housing guidelines. Responsible for assuring the Company’s standards are achieved and excellent customer service is delivered. Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer. Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily communication and collaboration with staff, Community Manager and others as needed including any service maintenance requests.
- May be asked to assist at other communities as needed.
- Ability to travel via automobile and airplane for training; may be asked to travel for company business.
- Attends, participates and maintains compliance with all BH required and/or assigned training programs.
- This job description does not provide an all- encompassing list of duties, there may be a need to perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring the marketing, motivation, administrative, and financial operation of the property under the direction of the Community Manager.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the community, specials and floor plans.
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all aspects of leasing units and leasing documents in accordance with Company and Fair Housing guidelines.
- Prepares all new leases and lease renewals, processes lease application paperwork for the approval of the Community Manager.
- Understands and qualifies all prospective residents via Rent Cafe and maintains all resident leasing files (electronic and paper).
- Identifies potential residents utilizing market and demographic data as well as industry knowledge.
- Inspects all target and/or show units in advance and in preparation of greeting and touring new prospects.
- Inspects all pre-leased apartments prior to resident’s scheduled move in date: coordinates all changes regarding resident move- outs.
- Generates new business contacts, marketing ideas and competitive shops to increase occupancy.
- Completes outreach marketing duties as assigned.
- Maintains an understanding of all market survey data and utilizes information to generate traffic of potential residents.
- Assists in marketing promotions and development and placement of ads, flyers and promotional materials.
- Maintains an overall team ratio of 40% or higher closing ratio and 80% or higher on all shopping reports.
- Oversees the shopping of competitive properties to stay abreast of industry trends.
- Maintains responsibility for online marketing duties including, but not limited to: daily postings to Craigslist and internet listing services.
- Oversees all pricing and confirms that the pricing is correctly updated on the BH company website.
- Understands, utilizes and promotes all third party online leasing programs in an appropriate manner.
- Ensures all prospect information and alert notifications are accurately entered into CRM and addressed in a timely manner.
- High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
- Previous leasing experience preferred
- Strong sales and closing skills required
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to achieve closing ratios and shopping report scores in accordance with company guidelines
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- YieldStar or other Revenue Management Program experience preferred
- MS Office Word/Excel experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license may be required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- A positive, motivating and team-oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast- paced environment
- A desire to succeed in a very competitive environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Work Schedule: 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday with rotating weekends; (hours may vary to meet the business needs of the property).
Physical Requirements/Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment, but may also occasionally operate in an outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, employees must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, occasionally move about the office, constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, communicate regularly and effectively with others, both written and verbally, and may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
The ability and means to travel locally, overnight, in specific regions or states via automobile and airplane may be required.
All BH employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, perform the tasks delegated by supervisors, and observe and support the company’s policies and procedures.
Contact Name __________Anne Pearson______________________________________________
Phone ______913-631-4000___________ Email Address email@example.com_____