Maintenance Supervisor with Worcester Communities
Company Name - Worcester Communities
Job Title – Maintenance Supervisor
Address – 4231 SW Emland Dr.
City - Topeka State- KS Zip - 66606
Posting Date as soon as possible Closing Date 12/15/2023
Shift – Monday thru Friday – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with weekend availability X Full-Time Part Time
Education Requirements: High School Diploma
This position is located at Fontainebleau Apartments .
The Worcester brothers and their father founded Worcester Investments, a family-owned and operated real estate investment company located in Kansas City, Missouri. After being founded in 2006, the family business began acquiring rental property in Oregon, where they lived at the time. In 2007, Worcester Investments expanded into the Midwest area through a real estate connection and has continued to see steady growth each year.
In partnership with their investors, Worcester Investments has $500 MM assets under management, including 3,000+ apartment units in the Midwest area. Worcester Investments employs a team of 100+ and was named Kansas City’s sixth fastest-growing company by the Kansas City Business Journal in 2015 and the 3,763rd fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in the 2019 INC. 5,000 publication.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Community Manager in the management of an excellent customer service
- Manage a high quality maintenance team through implementation of effective recruitment, training, motivation and development programs
- Prioritize and assign service requests to maintenance team.
- Monitor daily completion of service requests and follow up on any outstanding items.
- Assist in the completion of service requests as necessary.
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to minimize liability concerns and to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Must possess basic knowledge of local and state codes for permitting, sign ordinances and pool regulations
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the asset while minimizing future repairs
- Identify and implement energy-saving measures that promote conservation
- Manage maintenance supply inventory while adhering to budget guidelines
- Maintain well-organized and properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
- Teach and promote safe work practices
- Participate in monthly unit inspections as required
- Assist residents with the move-in/ move-out process.
- Responsible for key control program as outlined in Worcester SOPs
- Schedule and direct workers in performance of all maintenance/repairs related to turn events within budgeted guidelines.
- Supervise all vendors and contractors throughout the unit turn process
- Supervise maintenance team in preparing vacant units for marketing to include restoration and cleaning
- Direct workers in performance of scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals
- Address resident and team member concerns and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain accurate records at all times
- Assist with the general upkeep and cleaning of office, common areas and model as needed
- Work with Community Manager to maximize performance of property within budget guidelines
- Participate in on-call emergency rotation
- Direct workers in maintenance of all amenities to include clubhouse, fitness center and swimming pool
- Assist Community Manager with conducting performance appraisals for maintenance team
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own reliable vehicle to fulfill all of the job's functions
- EPA certification Type I and II
- CPO certification
- Other licenses and certifications as required by local, state or federal law
- Basic hand tools (not provided by community)
- Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment, and required safety equipment
- All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, fellow associates, and residents
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn including proper footwear/ work boots
- Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
- Major appliances
- HVAC, including EPA Certification
- Intermediate plumbing
- Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
- Pool care (if required by community)
- Roofs and gutters
- General irrigation maintenance and repairs
- Fountain maintenance and repairs
- Foundation/sidewalk repairs
- Ice/snow removal
- Golf carts and small engine maintenance
- Flexible and capable of prioritizing tasks when working in a busy and changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Ability to read and write English fluently
- Computer literacy required
- Ability to successfully comprehend and display knowledge gained during training courses
- Due to property staffing limitations, position requires that individual be able to work scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested
- Travel may be required as necessary to attend training and other company functions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- The team member must occasionally lift and /or move more than 75 pounds / frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds / continually lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Paid Time Off including paid birthday and anniversary day. Paid volunteer time off program.
- Employer contribution to health benefits that increase with years of service.
- Employer-paid Life and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Employer contribution to 401(k) retirement.
- Company-wide events and training
- Incentive-based bonuses and rewards
- Excellent work culture
Worcester Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Contact Name – Jennifer Gentzell
Phone – 816-759-0901 Email Address email@example.com