Maintenance Technician with Mac Properties
Company Name _____Mac Properties________________________________________________
Job Title __Maintenance Technician
Address ___ 301 E. Armour Blvd. ___________________________________
City ___Kansas City___________________________ State __MO___________ Zip__64111
Posting Date __05/14/2021______________ Closing Date ___06/14/2021__________
Shift ___M-F 8AM- 6PM______________________ X Full-Time Part Time
If you have an outgoing personality, thrive in a fast-paced work environment and are passionate about sales and customer service, our Leasing Consultant role is a great fit for you!
Mac Properties is a dynamic and growing private residential real estate company with operations in the metropolitan areas of Chicago, St. Louis and Kansas City.
At MAC, our Maintenance team is not only skilled, courteous, and hard-working; they also transform the lives of our residents each and every day. We are looking for a Maintenance Tech to join our team. As a Maintenance Technician, you will make a unique and valuable contribution to our community by ensuring that our building appliances and infrastructure are functioning at peak of efficiency.
$500 Sign-on Bonus
*Upon successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
Multiple shifts are available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs in a timely, professional and courteous manner consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards.
- Diagnose and perform installation, preventative maintenance and/or repair of residential apartment buildings and units including electrical and plumbing repair, HVAC systems, waste chute and compactor repair, appliances, cabinetry, tile, carpet and flooring, walls (drywall and plaster repair), and security systems (door locks, etc.).
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment; wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed. Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs refrigeration equipment.
- Perform duties to restore apartments to “market ready” status, including inspect vacated apartments, complete make-ready checklists, oversee vendors.
- Maintains the overall condition of the building and grounds, including outside custodial duties (e.g. snow removal) as required.
What will serve you well in this role?
- Previous maintenance experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems, electrical repairs, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and refurbishing
- Familiarity with various appliances
- Highly approachable personality with strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to respond to after-hour emergencies, when on-call duty is assigned
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Provide own basic tool and knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance tools.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Robust Benefits package including Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, 401K
- Competitive compensation- including commissions eligibility on a 1,800+ unit
- 30% Rent Discount for full-time employees.
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth.
- Educational Reimbursement.
Please be advised that ALL new hires will be required to successfully complete a criminal background investigation and a drug screening, prior to employment. The receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests, and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant's identity and legal authority to work in the United States are also required.