Property Manager with Sherman Residential
Company Name _______Sherman Residential_____________
Job Title _____Property Manager___________
Address ____6301 N. Klamm Rd,_______________________________________
City _____Kansas City_______________________ State ___KS__________________ Zip__64151__________
Posting Date ____11/9/20_________ Closing Date ____________________________
Shift _________________________ x Full-Time c Part Time
- A minimum of a high school degree, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Successful supervisory experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a property management role preferred
- Accountable for the day to day property operations by overseeing and enhancing the value of the property.
- Ensure that the onsite staff provides the highest level of service to residents; respond appropriately to resident compliments, concerns and feedback.
- Supervise the entire on-site staff including but not limited to; Resident Accounts Manager, Community Specialist(s), Resident Service Supervisor and Resident Service Specialist(s).
- Recruit, hire, onboard, manage and provide performance feedback to employees to ensure community performance and suitable staffing.
- Motivate associates through recognition, training, and team building. Lead by accountability and allow associates to take ownership in their role; projects.
- Train staff members on proper leasing techniques and resident service standards.
- Ensure property performance is maximized—this includes walking the grounds to ensure product is show ready; walk all made ready apartments to inspect and ensure ready for new resident
- Tour visitors and guests (this includes prospects, owners, investors, guests from corporate) to show amenities, apartments, models, community, etc.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and address any associate concerns or employee relations issues. Maintain complete and accurate associate files with HR and ensure a high level of associate satisfaction.
- Conduct weekly meetings with leasing and maintenance staff
- Actively assist in the development of the community budget and acquire a clear understanding of the financial goals of the property. Administer the community budget.
- Develop an annual marketing plan and conduct marketing reviews on a regular basis
- Obtain bids for all contract services and oversee capital projects on your community; coordinate with National Projects Lead, as necessary.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments required by company officials. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Must be well organized and resourceful
- Must have phenomenal interpersonal skills as well as an ability to get along with diverse personalities; mature; tactful, flexible.
- Must possess the ability to provide exceptional customer service; have a positive attitude and the ability to handle conflict calmly when it arises.
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Must present a professional image
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions both orally and in writing.
- Must have strong computer skills; keyboard, internet search, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of property management software; Yardi preferred.
- Participate in training to comply with new or existing laws.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred but not required.
- Fair Housing certification required prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
- This employee will report to the Regional Team Leader of our portfolio.
Contact Name _____Hilary NIchols_______________________
Phone __847.374.2713____ Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org_________________