Regional Manager - Missouri Area with BH Management
Management Company Name _____BH Management Services, LLC___________________________
Apartment Community ___Corporate Position_________________________________________
Job Title ______Regional Manager – Missouri Area____________________________________
City _______________________________________ State _____________________ Zip____________
Shift _________________________ Full-Time
At BH Management Services, we are committed to creating value. We acquire, improve and manage apartment communities, and our success in this endeavor is evidenced by our growth from a start-up firm in 1993 to one of the largest multi-family management companies in the nation. BH understands that great customer service is what keeps residents satisfied, and that great service comes from engaged, happy and well-trained team members.
In 2018 and 2017, BH was ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine and Great Place to Work’s "Best Workplaces for Women." BH was also ranked in 2018 and 2020 as one of the "Best Workplaces for Millennials.” In addition, in 2019, BH was named to the 100 “Best Workplaces for Diversity.” We continue to recognize that we are only as strong as each individual employee and we value our employees by providing a strong benefit package:
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- 401(k) + company match
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- BH Gives Back (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- 13 Paid Holidays
- BH Paid Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
**This position will oversee the KS and MO area**
The RM is responsible for assisting in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management for properties within a specified region. Responsible for recruitment, training, development, and supervision of Property Managers, and shares responsibility for maintaining the physical asset and performance of assigned properties. This position will also assist the Area/Regional Vice President and/or other supervisors with special projects as needed. Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer. Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Takes a hands-on approach to determine and accomplish portfolio goals and objectives.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and mentors Property Managers in accordance with company policies, procedures, and directives; conducts performance evaluations on supervised employees; assists Property Managers with site-level employees. Reviews and approves onsite employee status changes, and terminations.
- Establishes effective and regular communication/meetings with employees, owners and AVP/RVP.
- Reviews, monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve marketing activities; reviews occupancy status; establishes unit pricing based on weekly market surveys.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; approves all exceptions of same.
- Inspects properties regularly to ensure BH standards are maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and office operations in areas of efficiency. Conducts periodic inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition.
- Supervises and coordinates preparation of annual operating and capital budgets. Monitors and makes recommendations on budget performance and reviews and approves expenditures within specified budget guidelines. Negotiates and/or evaluates contracts and makes recommendations as needed.
- Serves as primary liaison between Owner or Owner’s representatives and BH; provides asset managers and/or owner groups with necessary reporting and updates.
- Quarterly reviews (QAR) develops PM action plans for deficient items (RM Red Flag Action Plan). Escalates to AVP/RVP and/or other appropriate parties for approval when additional action is necessary.
- Travel up to 50% or as needed is required; reasonable use of your vehicle will be required from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Property Management experience
- Knowledge of property management software (Yardi Voyager a plus)
- Skilled in preparing/analyzing financial data, budgets and market surveys
- Intermediate computer technology skills including MS Office Suite
- Ability to travel up to 50% or as needed
- A valid driver’s license required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Management preferred
- CAM/CAPS Licensed Property Manager preferred
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, or as needed to meet business needs.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment, but may also occasionally operate in an outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, employees must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, occasionally move about the office, constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, communicate regularly and effectively with others, both written and verbally, and may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
The ability and means to travel locally, overnight, in specific regions or states via automobile and airplane may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Contact Name ____Johan Burgos_________________________________________________________
Phone ______________________________ Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org__________