Service Manager at The Locale
Community Manager/Regional Manager
The Locale – 6201 Johnson Dr. Mission, KS 66202
JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE – May 18th and 19th at Locale – 6201 Johnson Dr. Mission, KS. 66202. Applicants are welcome to show up between the hours of 9am to 6pm or simply apply align on our careers site: https://avantiresidential.com/careers/
COMPANY: JOIN THE BEST TEAM IN THE BUSINESS! If you are looking to work in a fun environment where team members are challenged to go the extra mile for residents and get noticed when they do, we might have the perfect role for you! Great service and strong relationships are important to us. And that is not limited to our residents. We value our team members and give them the technology, tools and support they need to succeed today and grow their careers.
The Service Manager leads and delegates all maintenance request, preventative maintenance, amenity area maintenance for the property. This position leads the maintenance team by being a mentor and a leader. The Service Manager is responsible for managing the maintenance budget in coordination with the Community Manager to achieve all property goals. Additionally, the Service Manager is responsible for curb appeal, maintaining inventory and coordinating with vendors. Respond to after hour emergencies (on-call). Responsible to oversee a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and associates.
- Manages maintenance staff by setting direction, priorities and schedules.
- Maintain or build a preventative maintenance program that minimizes emergency repairs and services
- Maintains property inventory, monitor purchase orders, invoice approvals, and maintenance budget
- Evaluate maintenance needs and estimate cost and quantity of work to be done.
- Detect deficiencies within building and grounds and takes and or delegates necessary action.
- Ensure apartment units are ready for new move‐ins by conducting inspection and quality control
- Ensures maintenance work orders are completed to the highest standards of efficiency and safety.
- Assigns and reviews work for maintenance workers; daily review of work order’ status
- Ensure timely completion of work orders with adherence to maintenance and safety procedures
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance; on-call responsibilities and scheduling
- Ensures prompt repairs are done in times of emergency failures
- Schedule and ensure completion preventative maintenance program and duties
- Recruit, hire, and train the service team
- Ensures quality-of-work, productivity and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure grounds work is completed daily: grounds pick up, sweeping and light landscaping
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required
- Snow removal (CO only)
- Response to resident’s service request and concerns in a timely manner
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees
- Ability to use and own power and hand tools to effectively and safely complete maintenance tasks
- Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems
- High level of safety awareness
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be willing to travel to other properties as needed
- Must have time management skills to successfully navigate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Schedule you service team to ensure appropriate coverage is available to meet property needs, while minimizing overtime hours
- Work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for actions, self-motivated
- Assists documenting performance management of service team including, corrective action, annual reviews and recommendation for promotions
- Positive attitude and team player
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES - Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Multi-task and support the service teams
- Trade certifications preferred
- Proficient in plumbing, electrical, appliance, heating, air-condition, and many other areas of repair
- Three years of property maintenance experience including one year of Supervisory experience
- Possession of valid driver’s license and up to date vehicle insurance OR reliable transportation
- Prior to employment pass criminal background screening
- EPA Certification Type II or Universal required
- CPO Certification required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal office setting with travel to various properties owned and operated by Avanti Residential; frequent contact with residents including those with disabilities.
- Requires constant movement including considerable use of arms and legs, movement of the entire body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and handling of materials.
- Considerable time is spent using hands to handle, operate, activate, inspect, place, detect control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to work from heights using ladders.
- Climbing stairs and ladders, balancing, ascending/descending, working atop of buildings or floors and on roofs is required the majority of the job.
- Must be able to ascend/descend ladders and meet the Type IAA rating.
- Must be able to carry, move, transport, position, install, remove or continuously lift weight up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work with majority exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Avanti Residential is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workplace; applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.