Service Technician at Kenilworth Apartments
Community Manager/Service Manager
Kenilworth – 4120 W 94th Terrace #2714, Prairie Village, KS. 66207
JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE – May 18th and 19th at Locale – 6201 Johnson Dr. Mission, KS. 66202. Applicants are welcome to show up between the hours of 9am to 6pm or simply apply align on our careers site: https://avantiresidential.com/careers/
COMPANY: JOIN THE BEST TEAM IN THE BUSINESS! If you are looking to work in a fun environment where team members are challenged to go the extra mile for residents and get noticed when they do, we might have the perfect role for you! Great service and strong relationships are important to us. And that is not limited to our residents. We value our team members and give them the technology, tools and support they need to succeed today and grow their careers.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping the appearance of the property in excellent condition, both inside and out. There are no typical days, as change is a constant. Daily responsibilities include make ready units for new move-ins, running work orders (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.), appliance repairs and exterior maintenance. Respond to after hour emergencies (on-call).
- Make ready units for new move‐ins, includes electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting
- Aware of the condition of the property at all times and immediate steps to correct unsafe conditions
- Complete work orders within 24 hrs. as directed by Community Manager and or Service Manager
- Repair structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
- Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance; on-call responsibilities. You will respond immediately to all emergency after hours calls and arrive at the property no more than an hour after the call comes in.
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program
- Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, sweeping and light landscaping
- Pool maintenance experience required
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Diagnose and perform minor or routine maintenance repairs, as directed.
- Snow removal (CO only)
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees
- Communicate clearly to resident and respond to resident’s service request and concerns in a timely, professional manner
- Read and/or listens to resident’s complaints in a calm, supportive, and open manner
- Ability to use and own power and hand tools to effectively and safely complete maintenance tasks
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be willing to travel to other properties as needed
- Must have time management skills to successfully navigate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for actions, self-motivated
- Positive attitude and team player
- Neat, clean appearance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES - Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying:
- High School Diploma or GED
- HVAC Certification preferred
- EPA Certification Type II or Universal
- CPO Certification
- One year of property maintenance preferred
- Possession of valid driver’s license and up to date vehicle insurance OR reliable transportation
- Prior to employment pass criminal background screening
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal office setting with travel to various properties owned and operated by Avanti Residential; frequent contact with residents including those with disabilities.
- Requires constant movement including considerable use of arms and legs, movement of the entire body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and handling of materials.
- Considerable time is spent using hands to handle, operate, activate, inspect, place, detect control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Climbing stairs and ladders, balancing, ascending/descending, working atop of buildings or floors and on roofs is required the majority of the job.
- Must be able to work from heights using ladders.
- Must be able to ascend/descend ladders and meet the Type IAA rating.
- Must be able to carry, move, transport, position, install, remove or continuously lift weight up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work with majority exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Avanti Residential is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workplace; applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.