Service Technician with BH Management
Company Name ____________BH Management___________________________________________________________
Job Title _____Service Technician _________________________________________________________________
Address _________________ ___________________________________
City _______Overland Park ________________________________ State ____________KC_________ Zip_______66213_____
Posting Date ________6/11__________________ Closing Date ____________________________
Shift __________M-F with weekends when needed_______________ c Full-Time c Part Time
Education Requirements: High School
As a Service Technician, you're primarily responsible for assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for the property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Uses service request system to schedule and establish priorities with daily assistance from Community Manager and Service Supervisor.
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility including but not limited to the following areas- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, interior and exterior structural, appliances, and apartment make-readies; including exterior grounds and common areas of the property.
- Monitors the completion of service requests while limiting callbacks and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures. Assisting with ensuring that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, followed, and documented per BH program guidelines.
- The ability to use independent judgement while dealing with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities.
- Works with the office team and Maintenance supervisor completing move in/move out reports. Completing work per schedule, discussing as needed any major expense before acting. Reporting to Community Manager when completed units are read to show.
- Assist with identification and correction of hazardous community conditions including daily touring of the property reporting any hazards to the Community Manager and Service Supervisor. May assist with repairing hazards.
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responding to resident requests within 24 hours and hazardous weather problems as soon as made aware of the situation.
- Assist with inventory and ordering supplies, and may be responsible for pick-up of supplies as-needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Six months to one-year general maintenance and safety experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of building maintenance and repair and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- A positive, team-oriented attitude, and ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- A valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation required
Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required
- Six months to one-year general knowledge/experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning
- HVAC certification or ability to obtain
- EPA Certification in areas of Type II-domestic HVAC systems, 410A- or ability to obtain
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedule may vary). Some overtime may be required including “on-call” and/or rotating “on-call” responsibilities as needed to meet business needs.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job generally operates in conditions that includes an indoor and outdoor environment based on tasks performed. Conditions may include: varying climate, moderate to high noise levels, vibration into hands, chemicals, blood/body fluids, various fumes, odors, vapors, dust, airborne particles, microbial growth, poor ventilation, moving objects, high elevations, slippery surfaces, carpeted, linoleum, hard surfaced floors or cement, cold temperatures below 32° and above 90° Fahrenheit.
While performing the duties of this job, employees must use safety equipment, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and be able to regularly sit or stand, have full range of motion with upper and lower body, continual movement to include, but not limited to, walking, bending, stooping, crawling, climbing stairs and ladders up to 18” feet, building heights up to two (2) stories as tolerated by associate, reaching above/below shoulder, crouching, kneeling, carrying, pushing, pulling a minimum of 50 lbs., up to 100 lbs. with assistance, repetitive hand and foot motion, and frequent use of various equipment and small hand tools.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as reading, writing, viewing a computer terminal performing physical tasks, which may include operating motor vehicles.
The ability and means to travel locally, overnight, in specific regions or states via automobile and airplane may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Contact Name ______________Paige Crumbaugh___________________________________________________________
Phone _________469-480-8196_____________________ Email Address email@example.com_________________________