Service Technician with Whispering Lake Apartments - Hiring Bonus of $750 paid out after 90 days
Company Name BH Management
Job Title: Service Technician
Address: 1041 East 43rd Street
City: Kansas City State: MO Zip: 64133
Posting: Date December 10, 2020 Closing Date: January 10, 2021
Shift Day c Full-Time c Part Time
- Six months to one-year general knowledge/experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning
- HVAC certification or ability to obtain
- EPA Certification in areas of Type II-domestic HVAC systems, 410A- or ability to obtain
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
At BH Management Services, we are committed to creating value. We acquire, improve and manage apartment communities, and our success in this endeavor is evidenced by our growth from a start-up firm in 1993 to one of the largest multi-family management companies in the nation. BH understands that great customer service is what keeps residents satisfied, and that great service comes from engaged, happy and well-trained team members. In 2018 and 2017, BH was ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine and Great Place to Work’s "Best Workplaces for Women." BH was also ranked in 2018 and 2020 as one of the "Best Workplaces for Millennials.” In addition, in 2019, BH was named to the 100 “Best Workplaces for Diversity.” We continue to recognize that we are only as strong as each individual employee and we value our employees by providing a strong benefit package:
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- 401(k) + company match
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- BH Gives Back (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- BH Paid Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
As a Service Technician, you're primarily responsible for assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for the property.
- Uses service request system to schedule and establish priorities with daily assistance from Community Manager and Service Supervisor.
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility including but not limited to the following areas- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, interior and exterior structural, appliances, and apartment make-readies; including exterior grounds and common areas of the property.
- Monitors the completion of service requests while limiting callbacks and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures. Assisting with ensuring that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, followed, and documented per BH program guidelines.
- The ability to use independent judgement while dealing with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities.
- Works with the office team and Maintenance supervisor completing move in/move out reports. Completing work per schedule, discussing as needed any major expense before acting. Reporting to Community Manager when completed units are read to show.
- Assist with identification and correction of hazardous community conditions including daily touring of the property reporting any hazards to the Community Manager and Service Supervisor. May assist with repairing hazards.
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responding to resident requests within 24 hours and hazardous weather problems as soon as made aware of the situation.
- Assist with inventory and ordering supplies and may be responsible for pick-up of supplies as-needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of prior property management experience
- Ability to travel via automobile and airplane for company required training/business
- Intermediate MS Office Word/Excel and computer technology skills
- Professional demeanor and strong, professional communication and presentation skills
- A positive, motivating and team- oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Contact Name: Paige Crumbaugh, Talent Acquisition
Phone: 469-480-8196 Email Address: PCrumbaugh@bhmanagement.com