CAS Fall 2020
Earning CAS allows you to network with your peers from other companies, learn about the benefits and activities your local apartment association offers and engage in apartment association meetings and events. The course is an opportunity for suppliers to hear the everyday challenges faced by apartment-manager customers.
You'll learn about:
- Applicant screening, leasing contracts, and move-ins
- Rent collection, lease renewal, the move-out process, lease termination, and eviction
- Property management systems and their functions
- How community managers create a positive fair housing environment
- Minimizing risk through inspections, preventative maintenance, safety programs, and documentation
- Addressing property and environmental hazards and crime
- Analyzing property financial operations and underperformance
- Monitoring property performance to achieve an owner's investment goals
- Maximizing net operating income
To obtain the CAS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Complete the Supplier Success Course
- Employment within the apartment industry in a supplier position
- Successful completion of all CAS coursework (totaling 26 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
This course will be held virtually for Fall 2020.
Instructor: Jackie Ramstedt, Ramstedt Enterprises, Inc.